Saturday, May 26, 2007


I've been out of town and away from my computer for a few weeks.
About a month ago I stepped our of the rain and into Jasmins, a wonderful restaurant/bar/music venue in downtown Owen Sound, and thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment provided by a very talented singer/songwriter, Whitey Somers.
I was so impressed by Whitey's dynamic personality and animated presence and performance that I requested his permission to paint his portrait, which was granted.
I am posting the finished painting , which is 24" x 20"

ART IN THE GARDEN
I am busy preparing for "Art in the Garden" at Highland Manor, on the occasion of Owen Sound "Doors Open" weekend, on Saturday and Sunday, June 2nd. and 3rd., 12 noon to 4pm. I am fortunate to be exhibiting with a great group of artists:

Carol-Ann Barrett
Mary Ann Blythe
Sandy Clarke
Elaine Davidson
Susan Lewis
Noel Martin
Eleanor Pauling
Jennifer Prior
Paul Smutylo
Susan Sparks
Lorrie St. Amour
Harry Taylor
Eldora Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter